2 Easy Ways on How To Make Orange Juice
How To Make Orange Juice At Home
We have prepared an easy to follow orange juice recipe that will guide you through the steps to making orange juice at home.
Do you know that eating a slice of orange or drinking a glass of orange juice in the morning makes you cheerful and leaves your body feeling invigorated throughout the day?
A slice of orange provides quick energy that vivifies your emotional being and creates a sense of wellness and joy. After all, this super fruit is rich in Vitamin C that helps in neutralizing free radicals that may be present in your body.
Ultimately, this helps lower the risk of terminal illnesses such as cancers and heart diseases. And that’s not all. Oranges have a high level of potassium compounds that are known to boost the health of your heart to give you a healthy living.
Likewise, a sip of fresh orange juice during your meals can help lower your cholesterol levels, prevent ulcers and kidney diseases and even safeguard you against viral infections.
Here Is How To Make That Tasty Glass Of Homemade Orange Juice
This method is straightforward and makes use of readily available materials that you already have been using around your household. Enjoy the sweetness as it lasts.
Method 1: Manually Squeezing The Juice
– 4 large and ripe pieces of oranges
– A knife
– Plain juicer
– A spoon
– A large bowl
1. Soften your oranges by pressing them firmly across a table using your palms.
2. Slice your oranges into two halves and remove the seeds, if present.
3. Use a plain juicer to squeeze the juice out of the fruits.
4. Pass your juice through a strainer and into a bowl to obtain a ready to drink orange juice. You can add some sugar to improve the taste of your juice.
Additional tip: the freshly squeezed orange juice can be used as the accompanying beverage during a main meal or alternatively be consumed during tea break.
Method 2: Make Orange Juice With A Blender
If you want to prepare a larger amount of orange juice for your family, you will certainly need to use a blender as it is faster and more thorough.
– 6 ripe oranges
– 1 liter of water
– A knife
– A clean bowl
1. To start with, peel your oranges by removing the top, hard skin.
2. Cut the oranges into small slices like in quarters. Remove any seeds present in the orange.
3. Put the slices into your blender and turn the pulse on. Pulse the oranges until they are all broken up into fine pieces.
4. Test the resulting juice to see its state. If it is too dry, add some water to make the juice lighter. Proceed to add some sugar to give your juice some flavor.
5. Turn the blender on again and run it until all the juice is turns to an even liquefied.
6. Give your juice 10 minutes to settle.
7. Serve while cold.
Additional tip: The amount of water you will add will depend on the amount of oranges you have used in juicing process. Do not add excessive amount of water as it will dilute your juice and make it less tasteful.
Bonus Section – Another Orange Juice Recipe
Orange Juice Recipe With Added Carrots
Carrots can be added to give the orange juice a natural, sweet taste.
– 4 medium sized ripe oranges
– 1/2 cup of water.
– 3 medium sized carrots.
– ¼ of Lime
– Juice mixer
1. Wash and peel the oranges and the carrots. Slice the oranges and remove their seeds. Cut your carrots into chunks.
2. Pour the ½ cup of water into the juice mixer or grinder.
3. Add your sliced oranges, carrot chunks and the lime.
4. Proceed to blend the mix until you have a smooth puree.
5. Filter the broth using a large strainer lined with cheesecloth.
6. Squeeze the cheesecloth until there is no more juice coming out of the cloth.
7. Place the orange in the refrigerator and allow it to cool down. The juice can be served after a main meals’ course or enjoyed at any time of the day.
Knowing how to make fresh orange juice comes with its advantages.
At the very least, you have the pleasure to choose the type of oranges to use, the ingredients in the orange juice to add and, most importantly, the concentration of your resulting juice.
If you have been looking for a recipe you can use to make your own orange juice at home, the methods herein give you a starting point.